The annual Lenten Study will be held on five consecutive Fridays in Lent, February 27–March 27, at 6:30 p.m. We will be reading Fr. Christopher Webber’s book ‘A Time to Turn: Anglican Readings for Lent and Easter Week,’ as part of the lenten series. In Fr. David’s absence, contact Fr. Darren to get the textbook; the requested donation for the textbook is $10.35.
The first and last sessions will be followed by a Lenten version of our monthly Taizé Healing Service. The plan is for participants to have completed a brief reading assignment before each meeting, including the first. Here are the assignments for the course:
- February 27: Discuss “Introduction,” “Ash Wednesday,” and “First Week of Lent,” pp. vii-ix, 1-2, 9-24.
- March 6: Discuss “Second Week of Lent,” pp. 25-40.
- March 13: Discuss “Third Week of Lent,” pp. 41-58.
- March 20: Discuss “Fourth Week of Lent,” pp. 59-74.
- March 27: Discuss “Fifth Week of Lent,” pp. 75-90.
Brief biographies of the authors may be found on pp. 123-28. And of course, you are encouraged to read the remaining chapters not covered in the Lenten Study! Please sign up on the sign-up sheet in the narthex.